Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First menantu's tepung pelita

Hi loveliessss! How was ur holiday? Hopefully u guys had fun like us did! It's nothing really but laaamaaaa sangat tak balik rumah, so the feeling is different. And to make it more lively, all my siblings are back! So the 7 of us had to squeeze each other's butts in a small house. And none of us like to be in the room, semua nak cramp at the hall. And talk at the same time, updating each other. So can u imagine how chaotic it is? Hahaha. I love love love my home for this. Anyway, kalau 2-3 hari ok la kan, if forever mesti gaduh-gaduh :P

By the way, this is MrComot's first time spending Ramadhan in my parents' house. The way my in laws breaking the fast is a bit different. We break fast with light food like kueh and fruits, then we go pray and rest a bit. Around 830pm we start eating the heavy meal like dinner.

My home on the other hand is very typical Malay ways to break up the fast where everybody take the heavy dishes (rice and lauk-pauk). So my mom prepare the both dishes at the same time, light and heavy and it's up to us to eat which one first.

At first MrComot and I eat the fruits and stuff la, but half the way tak tahan okkkk. Semua org berebut makan nasi, so we want nasik as well! Hahaha. But our stomach not use to this way yet, so we take little portion first and eat another round later around 11PM.

Since everybody is around, we also made the kueh ourselves! PARAM in Manjung is so overrated with steep price and bland taste, so we didn't go to any PARAM the whole holiday.

1st day my mom made buah melaka, 2nd day cek-mek molek, 3rd day tepung pelita and puteri mandi. All is MrComot's favourite can? How about the daughter's fav??!?! Sabar je la. Excited sangat with their menantu tau my parents ni hehehe.

Since we do nothing most of the days (tidur je) and the 3G connection is sucks, MrComot involved himself in the making of tepung pelita. It is his first time also doing such thing and he's kinda excited. Below is just some random pictures:-

My father 'layur' the daun pisang. This step is needed to soften the leaf so it won't crack/split when doing the base. Another way is u can dry it under the sun, this will take few hours.

Making the base ('sampan'). Messy messy messy

MrComot doing the sampan. His sampan is very neat and that explains how my father can do 6 sampan while he's finishing 1 only :P

Semua tak sama size! Ish ish ish

Sugar and the mixture. See ada yang besar ada yang kecik and senget-benget ok.

Ohhh I forgot to snap the end product but it's yummilicious! No over-floury taste. So lemak berkrim with the right sweetness.

My father also taught MrComot how to make home-made soya milk and gave him special 'kain kasa' to bring home (as a tool to filter the extracts).

I said this to MrComot:

"Enjoy your status as favourite menantu as long as you can, since you don't have any competitor right now, maybe up til for the next 4 years"

Hehe so how about you/your hubby being the first menantu? Mesti banyak funny stories too :D


PS: Oh ya, just for the record, MrComot didn't take rice for sahur. My mom made him bihun goreng and cucur udang. Over kannnnnn. Merasa lepas balik KD makan roti je. Ahhhh how I wish I can open my eyes earlier and wider so that I can cook something decent, not for him only but for me!

15 comments:

  1. Shedapnya...mahu tepung pelita jugalah~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaa.. sedapnya tepung pelita, siap ngan detail description lagi cemana taste dia... grrrr...grrr.. sabar azleena... kamu tu puasa... huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahhaha... ok meh nak kongsi how my mum treat ZwanZwan...

    kalau pi market tanya ZwanZwan nak makan apa la...
    pi kedai kain belikan kain ela utk dia la.

    nak pi berjalan kena tanya dia OK ke tak la...

    NYAMPAH I!

    Anak-anak pompuan dia ni? terbiar! sedih tau!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe...mr comot dah jadi menantu kesygn..takpelah janji leh tumpang mkn sekali kn..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh..
    bestnya tepung pelita buatan sendiri..

    i'm the 1st menantu dlm family mr jaddo's family...
    and 1st cucu menantu for their mak tok & ayah wan.

    semua yg i buat..everybody will update..hohoho...
    i buat kueh sket je..sampai makcik&pakcik tahu..
    mcm artis pula... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh..
    bestnya tepung pelita buatan sendiri..

    i'm the 1st menantu dlm family mr jaddo's family...
    and 1st cucu menantu for their mak tok & ayah wan.

    semua yg i buat..everybody will update..hohoho...
    i buat kueh sket je..sampai makcik&pakcik tahu..
    mcm artis pula... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shani,
    Hehe kat kg baru banyakkkkk kannnn nyum nyum

    Azleena,
    puasa betul ke ni :P sabar sabar

    Tatty,
    Exactly! NYAMPAH! Hahaha pastu siap puji2 ok..cakap bagus la apa la..eeiiii koserrrr

    ReplyDelete
  8. m@ri@,
    Kesayangan sebab dia sorang je menantu skrg ni :P Tunggu la my sister kawen nnt hehe. Yup yup janji dpt makan nyum nyum

    MrsJaddo,
    Bestnyaaa u jadi centre of attention haha! Lagi la u rajin2 masak kan, up sket :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tapi kan Aan, you pun ditatang bagai minyak yang penuh aper oleh mummy Mr. Comot?

    You kan menantu tunggal juga buat masa ni ;p

    p/s: Me dah makan tepung pelita nyumnyum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG sedapnyaaaaaaaaaa!! My feveretlah tepung pelita nie tapi kat KL nie tak pnh lagi jumpa yg sedap :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. heheh :) my wife apa2 pun akan kekal sebagai menantu perempuan tunggal :) for now i'm the only menantu lelaki...

    check out what my wife cooks last night sbb my parents datang rumah....

    "nasi kerabu ayam bakar" "roti jala with kuzi ayam" hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. lalink..kasi recipe plisssss!!!

    bad lalink, now me dah mengidam pulak. oh no! dah la susah nak cari tepung talam mcm ni dah skang. even market kt tganu pun dh tade jual mcm ni..*sad*

    harus ke me pegi lawat macik comel pasni..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. chop! tepung pelita. tu la, excited sangat sbb dh lama tak tengok :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ary,
    Tu laaa yang jual tu banyak tepung kan. Pastu ala-ala je rasa dia. Tapi cantik la takde senget benget :P

    Karlbum,
    You are so lucky ok!! Ur wife pandai masak and rajin. Hahaha..ok ok cepat amik aura :P

    Bee,
    Haha over ok. Nanti me bagi recipe. Anyway nothing much pun. Just sugar, tepung beras and santan kan? The tricky part is the get the right proportion. But seriously me dunno, me tgk makcik comel macam campak2 saja hahaha

    ReplyDelete