As in my previous entry, we went to watch PGL in Istana Budaya last night and I can't really say it's splendid. It's okay I guess. It isn't bad, it's just that I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Aladdin.
But Aladdin and PGL is two different genre!! See.. I can't really judge hehe.
Anyway, by the time we arrived, the place is packed and swarmed with cars and we can see lots press and police traffic! I was thinking, 'mesti ada orang besarrrr coming tonight' and guess who came?
Pak Lah okkkk!!!!
Hahaha..ok, I am no fan of our PM but sitting with him in a room (a BIG hall actually, macam la dekat sangat pun) is like yeayyy! Dalam banyak2 malam, malam ni jugak Pak Lah datang. Padahal mcm la ada effect pun kan? Hahaha
Overall, we enjoyed the show, only a few scenes is a bit boring (MrComot siap menguap lagi ok!) and my mind get distracted. Few points I would like to add,
1) Suara Tiara sangat sedappppp okkkk!! Ok lah, not that sedap like Siti, but it is sweeeeeeeettt. It is super sweeeeet! I was so surprised that I find it sedap as to tell you the truth, I never really like her in 'Asmaradana'. I think Asmarada is very flat and bland. But in PGL, Gusti Putri suits her well.
2) I don't like Stephen Rahman what ever his name as Hang Tuah. He is...not Hang Tuah! I mean, I can't feel his sparks as a warrior. I expect HT to be someone yg macho, cool and berkredibiliti. You know what I mean? To me, he is more like a playboy hero like in the Bollywood movie. And also I don't feel him when he say sweet things to Tiara. There is no charmingness, more likely reading scripts.
3) I really like the part that Bayan hide Tiara in her batik and *POOF* suddenly Tiara gone. OMG! I was like, 'mana Tiara pegi? How they do it?'. I know that she crawls under the curtain but the movement was very smooth because I didn't notice it at all! They repeat the same trick when the 'hantu' moving kira kanan and tiba2 *POOF* it dissapeared! Ok, this one seriously I don't freaking know how they do it as I can't see any hideout or something like that. They are doing magic, man! And it's good.
4) AC Mizal is reaaaaaal good as Adipati. His voice is clear and strong and you have yet to see his face. MrComot siap takut lagi bila Adipati marah.
5) The backdrop and moving2 is nice but I think they can do better for Majapahit
6) I like the part Tiara stating her wishes for the hantaran, it's like mantera and it's spooky. I like spooky things hehehehe
Overall it is nice and pretty good for an epic piece.
I was hoping she add some extra show like from her Asmaradana video clip ke, sebab Pak Lah is here kan, but ilekkkkkk. Kecewa noks.
We bought the original CD (live recording as pe say) at RM30 and I think it's a crap! No no no, not the songs, but the recording! It's not sharp and feel like a bit distinctive. I don't know if live recording should be like that but it sucks! I have to turn my volume to the highest and still, it sounds faded.
Talking about this, do you know where to get Aladdin's CD (the kids musical by Erma Fatima)? I've emailed Istana Budaya but they say they don't keep it. As far as I remember, most of the songs arranged by Pak Ngah.
If you know how to get it, give me a beep ya! Thanks!