Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cebu - Lapu-Lapu Island and Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Previous stories here:

We went to Lapu-Lapu Island (part of Mactan Island) via van. There is a connecting bridge to that place. 

Lapu-Lapu Island is the exact place where Lapu-Lapu killed Ferdinand Magellan (I've written about it in Part I where we visited the Heritage statue)



 Here on 27 April 1521 Lapu-Lapu and his men repulsed the Spanish invaders killing their leader Ferdinand Magellan. Thus Lapu-Lapu became the first Filipino to have repelled European aggression.


 On this spot Feridnand Magellan died on April 27, 1521, wounded in an encounter with the soldiers of Lapu-Lapu, chief of Mactan Island. One of Magellan's ships the Victoria under the command of Juan Sebastian Elcano sailed from Cebu on May 1, 1521 and anchored at San Lucar of Barrameda on September 6,1522. Thus completing the first circumnavigation of the earth.

The exact place where Lapu-Lapu storm in and collide with Magellan and killed him.

Lapu-Lapu statue

Then we off to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, the most expensive hotel in Mactan (it's 5 stars!). And tell you what, the place is mes-me-ri-zing! Seriously, I considered having a second honeymoon there!! Fly to Cebu just to stay at this hotel.

The place is huge!! We didn't cover everything but we went to the beach.

Too bad I didn't snap the hotel's interior. It was drizzling that time and I was busy handling my handbag because I spilled the mineral water in there. Such a klutz :-/







The coral area





big ass playroom for your kids


Outdoor spa on top of the slope. It was windy and I can imagine how soothing that will be to be massaged up there.

The beach is amazing too! The sand, the water. It's crystal clear and secluded. Very relaxing. After I went back to Malaysia, I keep on saying to MrComot that we should go to this place! Maybe when we are older..and the kids are bigger hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment