Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Passion Fruit

Have you eaten a passion fruit? I never try it before and a couple of weeks ago was my first time. I've tried passion fruit juice, cakes, pastries, but not as in real fruit!

I was intrigued by this fruit quite some times ago only that I didn't dare to eat it because I don't know how to eat. Is it sweet? Is it sour? I just don't know. Last two weeks, we went to a fruit shop and saw this pack of 4 passion fruits and suddenly I said "I want to try!"

The tips how to get a nice passion fruit (according to the shopkeeper) is by looking at its skin. You have to wait until it's wrinkled. The more, the sweeter but becareful not to over 'wrinkling' or it'll go bad.

So I wait for a few days until it goes like this:-


I thought it is wrinkled enough but it is NOT! Because it's still a tad of sour. I don't really fancy sour fruits.


This is how it looks inside

I kinda like the taste though, it is something like grapefruit, but slimy hahaha. Since it's quite tangy to me, I can't take it directly and don't think will consume it as juice too, so I scooped all and had it with the sweetest icecream in the fridge - Le Cremeria macademia something (eeiii this icecream really sweet ok, I don't like it) and the combo was a bomb, teething sweet + tangy sour.

Tak baik membazir tau ;P

I still keeping the other 3 and now waiting for them to have more wrinkle :)


Ps: Oh ya, I just found out that passion fruit is Markisa in BM. I always thought markisa is one kind of lime, just like calamansi.

3 comments:

  1. maria penah mkn kat hotel wkt bulan puasa haritu..ada member cina yg mkn..die srh maria try buah ni..mmg tak pernah denga pn psl buah ni..tau pn dlm farmville kat facebook..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aan,

    Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I'm here for a return visit.

    Congrats on the pregnancy! I can still remember how excited I was when I was pregnant with my first child. And I just love food that are sour, like the passion fruit.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. m@ri@,
    Talking about farmville, tak sangka byk info we can get from the game kan hehehe. Tapi me tak main lagi, me dengar ramai la org citer and best ada info2 tak sangka.

    MTT,
    Thanks for the visit and the wish :) You too take care..

    ReplyDelete