Monday, January 15, 2024

Delulu

 

Have you ever heard the word of delulu?

I first heard of it from my teen girl. Then I saw few vids came across my TikTok. Then I started to dig further haha.

So basically it's a slang for delusional. But it's more than that. It's self-aware delusional. Like, you know you are being delusional, but you entertain it, being goofy and silly about it.

It's like I'm being delusional that Brad Pitt has a crush over me, and I kinda believe it, complete with showing proof to the world that Brad Pitt sent me a crazy love letters, signed "forever yours, Brad Pitt" (which I wrote myself of course).

To...that...extend.

I'm not sure should I be worry or laugh about this thing? Though obviously laughing would be my first instinct. Cause it's so silly., and kinda funny. But diving deeper, this is another deep rooted psychological thingy? Like, why kids nowadays like to be delulu? It seems fun and harmless but you are floating and looping somewhere, instead of focusing on what is real. Like, studying and doing house chores. The energy spent on being delulu seems wasteful.

And there is this "delulu is the solulu" which directly translated to "being delusional is the solution". And how they think it's the solution because being delulu is like you are manifesting things that you wanted. And by manifesting it, somehow it will become a reality. I don't know how this will work, really. Maybe the concept is, when you manifest, you are pulling all the energy in this world to make it comes true.

So, there is this trend in TikTok where the girls will parade their love story. How the boyfriend splurge them with gifts, vacation, money, wine and dine, car - all the luxurious you could think of. There will be pictures, video, the girl with the material except for the boyfriend's face of course, cause none of them are true. Basically, they are manifesting their dream boyfriend. The irony though, I just saw this trend in girls TikTok. I haven't seen any male manifesting the "dream" girlfriends. 

By the way, maybe I don't manifest hard enough on how Brad Pitt loving me. It might be true who knows! Side note, I don't even like Brad Pitt. It seems like popular choices haha.

But on serious note,  seriously girls. Manifesting something means you have to work for it. You want success, you have to work for it. It's not the other way around. Being delulu is like angan-angan mat Jenin (if this generation ever know what is it). You just dreaming on top of coconut tree (cause that's the highest you could climb) and wishing for it to happen, except it won't happen and you gonna fall to earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment