Monday, April 7, 2008

An emotional eating out

Finally, after few weeks postponing it, we get to try out Waroeng Penyet last Saturday. I've been reading lots good reviews from bloggers and been wanting to try is soo bad but just couldn't find the right time. Well, the hunger wasn't pay off very well.

First, because I wanted to drink the avulkat (avocado with choc) soooo bad and when I ordered, they said dah habis, bolehh? I was like helooo, it is just in the middle of afternoon, takkan run out that fast kan? Btw, my theory is, avocado is quite expensive here, so it might be not a good idea to serve it with that price. And it is Indon specialty, so they have to serve it jugak. So the next best thing is, put it in the menu and cakap abes whenever ppl order. Boleh tak fikir mcm tu? Ahahaha. Anyway, anyone knows the true story, please let me know ok.

We ordered the ayam penyet and udang penyet. MrComot had them with rice and I just had bakso.


The penyet dish

The nice bakso

Hmm..the food is just so-so (for me lah). Nothing to shout about. The sambal definitely pedas giler but the normal makcik-punya-sambal-belacan pun can be that hot. The prawn is a real dissapointment, it is small and normal. Well, takkan dia nak bagi udang besar for RM8++ kannnnn. But I expect it came butterflied la (at least like in the picture). The bakso is kinda nice though. I like the vercimelli yg ala-ala glass noodle (but not glass noodle I think?) It looks like it but the texture not that soft. The meatball was so-so as well.

Oh ya, we didn't order drinks at all sbb all of them (beside avulkat) is biasa-biasa only.

On my way back I asked him

Me: Hmm what do you think? Something we will crave next time?
MrComot: I don't think so...macam makan nasik biasa je..

But at least we tried kan. Maybe our tastebud tak ok that day ;)On the way to Curve, we heard bising2 and guess what? Cleo 50 most eligible bachelor!

Hosted by Marion Counter and Rashid Salleh. Rashid is freaking funny okkk!! We already bought our movie ticket, so we just have like 20 mins to watch it ;( If only I knew it earlier, we won't watch movie then.

Below is a few snapshots one of the bachelor (Johan if I'm not mistaken) doing the pole dancing. It was giler funny!



We had dinner at William. Well, another dissappointment. I never been to William but heard his good reputation from blogs (again). Hmm...maybe our timing is just not good.

Anyway, we had dinner with one of MrComot friend (Chee) and he asked why I want to go to William sbb he thinks William so-so je. But I insisted and said good review la, dlm gamba nampak sedap la bla bla bla.

After seated, we had to wait like one hour before our meal arrived. Yes, I know that the crowd is unmanageable at that time, but some of the later customer got their food before us and that is just pure hmmm.. unmanaged. We complaint to the workers (3 different person in fact) that our meal still not arrived (we complaint because Chee already finished his bolognese, so obviously our meal tercicir ke apa ke kan) but nobody seems to concern enough. All of them said, 'ok, i'll check' but they never really checked. They just continued their work.

Then we waved the boss (william lah kann) and boleh dia buat lawak bodoh

MrComot: Bos, we ordered like an hour ago and tak sampai lagi
William: Mana budak you order tu? Kita terajang dia

Helooooooooo!! It's not funny ok.

Yeah yeah I know dia nak buat lawak to entertain us, but instead of feeling entertained, I felt tak sukaaa okkkk. When the meal came, so-so je. I think because lambat sangat, everybody dah pissed off. That's why kut. Btw, the food is really nothing to shout about.

The crowd

My jumbo tembikai laici. Shared with MrComot.

Chee's bolognese. Normal je kannnnn?

My roti hawaiii. This one kurang normal. Got cheese, egg, and sausage inside.

Yummy jugak lahh ;P

MrComot had carbonara. Normal too (lupa nak snap pic sbb lapar sgt). I think Station21 at Bangsar is wayyy better.

The only point for William that night is the spread of varities. They can do anything and anyway you want your meal to be. But my advice is, don't go during crucial time, else it will be your worst dinner.


What an emotional day for my stomach ;(


5 comments:

  1. Theres always first time for everything. I love the nasi ayam penyet and bakso and selalunya bila aku pi makan di sana, mesti time tu aku tengah kelaparan gila. Maybe thats why sedap memanjang.

    Entah-entah, korang dua ni supertaster kot? Aku nontaster.. tu pasal semua sapu, tolak batu, kayu. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella, takde la supertaster. I think the time was just not right kut. Sbb now kitaorg macam demam2 and sakit tekak. So before tu makan apa pun semua tak shedapppp!! Anyway, the bakso is nice kannn. Kalau makan time cuaca sejuk, bestnyaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. kenapa aku memang tak teruja pon tgk makanan yg korang makan... ekekek

    otak aku dah shutdown kot bahagian makan-makan nih. hak hak

    btw aku kenal one of cleo 2001 bachelor.. and what i can say is... they get a lot of dates eheheh, andes tak mo berkenalan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karlbum, really? Which one? Zaman2 skolah dulul excited la kut nak kenal2 ni..skrg mcm dah malas2 hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai there.
    nak tanyelah warung penyet u pegi ni kat mane yeh?
    sejak makan ayam penyet yg sedap gile kat sarawak dulu, i'be been hunting for ayam penyet kt kl...hehehe

    ReplyDelete